trešdiena, 2011. gada 13. jūlijs

On the way to Taiwan

I chose a famous author Mark Twain's quote : "So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." as my blog's title because the upcoming trip to Taiwan confirms that this quote works in my life which encourages the people  to see the unlimited borders of discovery and fulfillment of the dreams. How did it all start that I'm going to Taiwan?

A whole story begins with the two e-mails which I received in the mid-April when I returned back from a tourism development project "Tajik tour" in Tajikistan organized by NGO AIESEC LC Dushanbe. The first e-mail was forwarded to all AIESEC LC Riga members and the second e-mail was forwarded from my project mate Mei Chi Yun a.k.a Maggie who was together with me in Tajikistan.If they wouldn't forwarded these e-mails then I don't think so that I would know about this opportunity.

And what was written in these e-mails? Let's reveal: The Council for Cultural Affairs Republic of China (Taiwan) was organizing an international competition for the young and active people aged from 18 to 40 from all over the world to apply for the event "International Youth Week-Centennial Homestay". This event's aim is to celebrate together with the selected participants- international guests Taiwan's Centennial anniversary since its establishment. All what I had to do was to fill in an application form, add the recommendation letters and other documents which showed my previous achievements and a participation in the different kinds of activities. I did it immediately and I had to wait for 1 month and half...Waiting was quite a nerve racking because I knew that a price is tremendously great- if I would be chosen as a participant then the government of Taiwan would cover all the costs to get and to be in Taiwan: travel costs, accommodation, travel insurance and participation in the mandatory events of the celebration.

Finally in the official site of  the Council for Cultural affairs of ROC (Taiwan) on 31st of  May was published a list of the selected participants. I went trough the list quickly and finally I found my name between the selected 250 participants from around 125 countries... I don't know by which criterias they choose the participants but I'm grateful to God who has given me such a great gift. I desired to go to the exotic and unknown country however I've been in 24 countries so far and right now I have this chance to widen my traveling experience. In this moment I can only guess or desire what will happen when I will be in Taiwan but I already have a great joy in my heart knowing that I will visit and experience Taiwan only after one month...

So my dear friends and visitors the next posts are going to be published soon so I will keep updating...

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru