svētdiena, 2011. gada 21. augusts

Danshuei, Tamsui River and Fort San Domingo




Before heading back to Changhua a sister of my host mother suggested to show us the surroundings of Danshuei. So we went out a flat around 10 am and we were walking down a promenade where yesterday was a dazzlig and buzzling night market but today it was peaceful area with a great look to the mountains and to Tamsui river. We took a cold coffee in „Starbucks” and then we went to Fort San Domingo and surrouding historical buildings.
We reached San Domingo fort and I felt like at home in Europe because the buildings were built in the same architectural style like in Europe some centuries ago. They say that fort Domingo, is one of the most precious historical threasures in Taiwan and it is classified as a grade one historc site by the Ministery of the Interior. They say too that San Domingo site consists of two buildings: Fort Antonio, a defense first constructed by the Dutch in 1644 and later leased to and refurbished by the British as a consulate office after 1863; next to the fort stands the Former British Consular Residence, a colonial-style house first completed in 1877 and rebuilt 1891.
It was a great that I had a chance to know a little bit more of Taiwan’s history and I assumed that Taiwan has been desirable place for a long time ago and for a lot of countries and their leaders. After getting know a complicated history of Taiwan then we went back to my host mother’s sister place where my host mother made a great dinner.
We took a lot of pictures where we were altogether and I felt sad as I knew that it will be the last time that we sat like that ...After the dinner, we took a rest and then we went back to Changhua but on the way we drove my hostsister’s grandmother to Taoyuan who also came to Danshuei to visit all of us and my hostsister’s friend with her guest in Taichung.

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru